The forum was declared open by the speaker of the Hoouse Hon. Prince Suraj Adekunbi Ishola. His Deputy Hon Oluomo anchored the programme. People from all works of life were present at the occasion. Grievances of stakeholders are numerous, among which are Hoarding of prepaid meters by IBDEC and where available, those meters are not functional, crazy and estimated billing system,nonchalant attitude of IBEDC staff, gross shortage of electricity supplied,shortage of transformers, poor customer relationship, stoppage of power supply for about 3 years in some communities and yet bringing bills for services not rendered, illegal disconnections, etc
RESPONSE FROM IBEDC:
1.IBEDC is not in charge of power generation but distributions and power generated is grossly inadequate. 180,000 megawatts is needed in Nigeria but 5,000 Megawatts are generated out of which 50 megawatts are supplied to whole Ogun State which is not even enough to serve Abeokuta alone.
2. IBEDC buy power at N80.80k and sell at N31 which is at a loss and therefore couldn't embark on any capital project.
3. Bribery and corruption in Government circle, individuals and their staff hampered their activities.
4. Provision of prepaid meters not handled by them again but another company.
5.They have resign but Federal Government did not accept their resignation but urged them to continue.
1.ALL CUSTOMERS MUST BE METERED.
2.NO MORE ESTIMATED BILLING SYSTEM.
3.DISCONNECTIONS WITHOUT ADEQUATE NOTICES NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE.
4.HENCEFORTH IBEDC TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PURCHASE OF TRANSFORMERS,POLES AND ALL ELECTRICAL ACCESSORIES SINCE THEY ARE IN BUSINESS.
5.FED. GOVT TO PROVIDE ALTERNATIVE TO DISCOS IBEDC AND THE LIKES.
6. ILLEGAL CONNECTION OF ELECTRICITY SHOULD BE DISCOURAGED IN OUR COMMUNITY.
7. PAY AMOUNT YOU CAN AFFORD TO IBEDC IF YOU ARE NOT METERED UNTIL YOU ARE METERED.
8. TAKE IBEDC TO COURT IF AGGRIEVED.....