I made this assorted meat stew using fresh tomato only and it turned out very silky and delicious, this is one of the best stew recipes I enjoy so much because it pairs well anything yam, rice or plantain. It is prepared using different cuts of cow meat and I’d love to share the simple procedures with all the food lovers in this forum, I have also made a video on this you can check it out if you don’t mind.
• 1 kg of assorted meat
• 10 medium tomatoes
• 6 large bell peppers
• 3 scotch bonnets
• 2 large sized onions
• 1 medium ginger
• 2 cloves of garlic
• ½ teaspoon thyme
• ½ teaspoon curry powder
• 1 cup of meat broth
• A pinch of salt
• 3-4 stock cubes
• 1 cup of peanut oil
Procedures For Preparing Assorted Meat Stew
1. Combine tomatoes, scotch bonnets, bell peppers, 1 onion and ginger into a pot cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
2. Once they are all soft, remove from heat, leave to cool down, place in a blender and blend into smooth texture.
3. Wash the assorted meat into a another pot , season with pepper, stock cubes, onion, thyme, curry, and salt to taste.
4. Add 2 cups of water to the meat and cook until it turn out very soft, you may want to use a pressure cooker to cook this as it makes it
5. Separate the meat from the stock once it is soft and set aside.
6. Place another pot on heat, heat up peanut oil, add the meat to it and fry slightly, drain from the oil and set aside.
7. Add the crushed garlic, chopped onion into the oil and stir-fry for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
8. Add the tomato mix and stir fry for 10 minutes until it is well fried. Be sure to place a lid over the stew, as it will be bubbling and
splattering everywhere and also stir it from time to time to prevent it from burning at the bottom of the pot.
9. Add the meat stock and stir leave to cook until the liquid reduces, season the stew with stock cubes, thyme, curry , salt and stir it
10. Return the fried meat into the stew and stir, let the stew cook until the meat absorbs the nourishing flavour of all the spices.
11. Take the stew off heat once it has simmered for long and serve with boiled yam, rice or plantain.